Following the success of the 2016 and 2017 Maidstone CycleFest, Maidstone Cycle Campaign Forum will hold Maidstone CycleFest 2018 on Saturday 29th September between 10am and 4pm in Jubilee Square, Maidstone.
The focus of the event isto promote the health benefits of cycling, encourage best practice amongst cyclists, make people aware of existing cycle routes while highlighting the areas where improvement is urgently needed and show that cycling is enjoyable and is for everyone.
This year’s CycleFest builds on the success of previous years with more to do and see, we will have activities and exhibits to appeal to families, cyclists and people yet to get back on their bikes. The event also marked the relaunch of the Maidstone Cycle Campaign Forum as we enter our third year and are now a newly registered charity.
• Len Potts' world famous Vintage modern bikes exhibition including Penny Farthing, Bone Shaker, Electric and a Olympic bikes
• Make your own delicious smoothie using pedal power with the Medway Valley Community Rail Partnership
• Maidstone Borough Council Active Health display and advice
• Kent County Council Explore Kent, Adult Cycling, Breeze
• Maidstone Borough Council Walking and Cycling Strategy display and information on the recent Sustrans’ assessment on the provision for walking and cycling in the town centre and along main Walking/Cycling corridors – Sutton Road and Hermitage Lane.
• San Fairy Ann Cycling Club - Turbo Time Trial. This is a chance to test your cycle power!
• MCCF - come and spot the faults on an exhibition bike!
• There will be prizes for those coming to CycleFest on their bikes and prizes for the winners of the competitions!
The event is being sponsored by Kent County Council members’ community Grants, provided by Councillors Paulina Stockell, Ian Chittenden, Dan Daley and Rob Bird.
Click on a file to download.